Centers and Offices
Center for Justice Leadership and Management
- In the Department of Criminology, Law and Society (College of Humanities and Social Sciences)
- Provides training and research assistance to policy makers and professionals in the justice field.
Leadership Education and Development
- In the division of University Life
- Provides leadership training, resources, services, and recognition to encourage students to become socially conscious leaders and civically engaged citizens.
- Programs are aimed primarily at Mason undergraduates and include:
- Mason Leadership Institute
- President’s Leadership Seminar
- Leadership Speaker Series
- Student Involvement (L-TEAM and Student Leadership Consultants)
Center for Leadership and Community Engagement (CLCE)
- Housed in New Century College
- Promotes student learning through engagement in service and leadership in the community. Supports faculty, staff and students as they implement community based learning initiatives such as service-learning and community based research projects.
- Academic courses on leadership and community engagement
- Minors in Leadership Studies and Nonprofit Studies
- Coordinate student led service trips during school breaks (Alternative Breaks program)
- Service-Learning Support & Resources
- Leadership & Service Library
Center for Global Ethics
- Promotes research and educational initiatives on the values that affect global policy formation and public advocacy. The Center serves as a resource to the Mason community interested in the ethical dimensions of issues such as climate change, human rights, peacekeeping, economic development, immigration and global public health.
- Works with various branches at GMU to institute courses or course modules on ethical issues relevant to a variety of disciplines and the professions
- Works to generate new collaborative research about the ethical and social implications of public policies and professional practices.
- Sponsors events on global ethics issues
- Disseminates research through Center Reports, papers, and the journal, Ethics, Policy, and Environment
Mason Institute for Leadership Excellence (MILE)
- The Mason Institute for Leadership Excellence (or MILE) provides highly engaging and interactive learning opportunities for individuals, groups, and teams external to Mason. Past clients have included small business, governmental, and public service leaders. Through customized executive training and leadership coaching, MILE develops leaders who build positive emotions, energy, relationships, and resiliency while consciously shaping a healthy and productive culture within their organization.